Another study of a colored box (sorry if these bore you!), this time trying to apply a bit more advanced use of light and color:
- Direct warm sunlight from the left -> sharp shadows; front surface and bevel are warm
- Cool blue diffuse light -> cool shadow parts; gradients in shadowed parts; top surface is a bit cooler
- Reflected diffuse sunlight from floor -> gradients on front surface; side surface gets a bit of this warm diffuse light too
- Darker areas are a bit more saturated than light areas. Could have been more.
- Edges are sharper in the shadowed areas, more detail
- Edges on lit surfaces are more fuzzy, seem to blend with background
Please note that these are not (well, not necessarily) rules that apply in general. They’re just the things I’ve tried to accomplish in this sketch.
Made with Paper